Ear Falls is located on the shores of Lac Seul and the English River. Pakwash Lake, Woman River and Wenesaga Lake and can be reached by heading north on Highway 105. Ear Falls is a prime location to see Bald Eagles, as it is home to the largest returning nesting population of Bald Eagles in North America. A visit to Ear Falls from May to November promises many opportunities to see these majestic birds. Other features include Pakwash Provincial Park, just north of Ear Falls, which has a beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. Pakwash also has a campground, nature trails and a concentration of Anishinabek rock paintings.
Ear Falls, on the Shores of the Legendary Lac Seul
Order your FREE Sunset Country Travel Guide and Fishing Map ORDER GUIDE
Fishing in the Heart of Sunset Country
Find Places to Stay and Shop in Ear Falls
The community has a public waterfront park complete with a beach, a covered picnic area, beach volleyball court and a large restroom facility with a change room and showers. The waterfront park also has "The Patricia" on display - a fully restored freight boat that was built in the 1930's. The Trout Forest Music Festival takes place annually at Waterfront Park during the second weekend in August and is an event you don't want to miss.
The Ear Falls area is home to many resorts and lodges providing access to waters teeming with walleye, pike, muskie, trout, and bass. With its location on famous Lac Seul, Ear Falls is known far and wide as a great fishing and hunting destination.
Ear Falls offers a wide range of services and attractions. Recreational facilities include a nine-hole golf course, a fully equipped fitness centre and arena, cross-country ski trails, and miles of snowmobile trails.
The fishing and hunting opportunities around Ear Falls are fantastic. The English River System and Lac Seul are great fisheries. There are also lodges on other great lakes to fish such as Bruce, Pakwash, Wenasaga, Wine and the Woman River Chain of Lakes. If you like to fish or hunt at outpost camps, there are outfitters that will fly you to remote lakes.
Just south of the town is Perrault Falls, featuring a breathtaking cascade of water between Perrault and Wabaskang Lakes. Ear Falls is a gateway to fishing and outdoor adventures in the central Patricia Region.
Distances to nearest towns:
Ear Falls to Red Lake - 70 km (43 miles)
Ear Falls to Vermillion Bay - 98 km (63 miles)
Ear Falls to Dryden - 145 km (90 miles)
Public Boat Launches:
- Dutchie's Landing, situated just off of Lilac St. in the Town of Ear Falls, provides access to the English River.
- Wenesaga landing, located 12 Kms down South Bay Road, provides access to Wenesaga Lake
- Gold Pine's Landing, located 4 km down Gold Pines Road, provides access to Lac Seul.
- Pakwash Provincial Park, located 19 km north of Ear Falls, has a boat launch onto Pakwash Lake.
Picnic areas and parks in Ear Falls:
- Sportsplex located on Scott St., has two baseball diamonds, a covered picnic area, and a restroom facility.
- Pakwash Provincial Park, North of Ear Falls on Highway 105, has covered and uncovered picnic areas, a beach, a playing field and a playground.
- Playgrounds- there are three playgrounds in town, one located on Balsam Ave., one located on Scott St. and one located on Birch Dr.
- The Waterfront Park, located on the eastern end of town just off of Highway 105, provides a covered picnic area, a beach, a playing field the historic "Patricia" freight boat.
- Golf - Ear Falls Golf and Country Club, 9 Hole, Par 36, 807-222-3470
For information on brochures, local attractions and accommodations, maps of the town, as well as maps of Sunset Country and all of Ontario. A wide range of literature on fishing, camping, museums, and safety while in the area you can call the Township of Ear Falls at 807-222-3624.
Woman River Camp
Remote, drive-in camp located in Northwest Ontario, Woman River Camp is off the beaten path, resulting in the best of both worlds; remote and easy to travel to.
Find out why we're one of the best-kept secrets in the north!