With all the connectivity we now have in the world, we seem to be a little more disconnected from things like nature and the outdoors. As an outdoor activity, fishing is one of those things not as many young people do today than say just a few decades ago. There are also those folks who went fishing all the time as a kid, with their parents, grandparents or even their friends that haven't gone fishing since then - well you're called a lapsed angler haha! Many new Canadians, recent immigrants from across the globe who now call Canada home should also be encouraged to discover the great outdoors and fishing is definitely a part of that discovery. Well, if you're in any of these categories then the newly-minted Experience Fishing Program is ideal for you!
Discover or Rediscover Why Fishing is so Fun!
What is the Experience Fishing Program?
The program is designed to utilize experienced, professional tourism outfitters to help people learn how to fish - it's that simple! Participating lodges offer the Experience Fishing program as a package and when you visit the lodge, they take it from there. You'll experience more than just fishing, the program also introduces concepts about environmental stewardship, nature interpretation etc. giving you a well-rounded and fun few days in the outdoors. Here's a list of some of what you can expect:
- Guides that teach you fishing basics so you're prepared before you even start your adventure
- Facilitators that offer hands-on instruction making sure your experience is enjoyable and safe
- Acquire new skills and participate in an activity that may inspire a lifelong interest
- The trip is an opportunity to create lasting memories for the entire family or with friends
- Enjoy the exceptional resort accommodations in the midst of Ontario's boreal forest for an unforgettable vacation
- Savour delicious food, fun experiences and the opportunity to meet new people
It is really easy to sign up as well. Just contact one of the participating lodge outfitters directly here: Experience Fishing Participating Lodges