Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge
Why You'll Love It
Many say we have the best location on Lake of the Woods!! Happy returning customers is the norm here! We bend over backwards to make sure our guests have a great time, but let's face it they come back again and again because of the incredible fishing! We have some of the best rental boats on the lake, and customers appreciate our flexible meal plan! Enjoy an amazing shore lunch prepared for you by one of our energetic guides, in the best guide boats on the lake!
Our cabins are well equipped with all the modern amenities you have at home! Our main lodge is a great place to socialize, grab a meal, or watch a game on our big screen TV. We are always making improvements to our camp! We are a progressive, family-run, small scale operation! A nice escape from the corporate world we all live in today!
Book a trip with us, and I am sure your first trip will not be your last!Read More on Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge's Website
- Boat-in Access: Yes, we are a short 20 minute boat ride from our landing. Remote, yet close!
- Cabin Rentals (Housekeeping): We have 9 cabins, ranging from 2 person to 8 persom cabins. They all have hot and cold running water, good beds, good appliances, are well equipped, and we even have some with gorgeous tiled in bathrooms!
- American Plan Lodge: We offer a meal plan that is flexible! Eat great when you want to, our customers love that! Expect to gain a few pounds during your stay!
- Walleye: World-Class Walleye fishing! - enough said!
- Northern Pike: Excellent fishing for big Northerns. We get over 300 per year over 38"!
- Muskie: World-Class Muskie fishing, we consistently get 25 Muskies over 50" each year out of Tamarack! The Muskie crowd knows who we are!!!
- Smallmouth Bass: World Class Smallies - enough said!!
- Crappie: If you are a Crappie enthusiast, you need to get here in the fall for a sustained fall bite. There are 11" averages and fish up to 15" and above are possible!
- Perch: Yellow Perch are not targetted a lot, however, our Perch average 11", they are so much fun, and so tasty!!
- Deer: We offer great Whitetail hunts, our customers love the fact that they do not see anyone else wearing orange! A stark contrast to what many are used to!
- Birds: If you enjoy birdwatching, we have piles of birds, from our abundant Bald Eagles, and Pelicans to the elusive Owls!
- Grouse: The Ruffed grouse hunting is amazing, especially with a bird dog. Expect to shoot limits daily if bringing up a bird dog with you!
- Duck: Mallards, Blacks, Woodies, Teal, Pintails are our main puddle ducks, as well as Buffleheads & Bluebills for divers!
- Geese: There are always some Canada Geese around!
- Wolf: Join us for a midwinter Wolf Hunt, starting in 2021!!
- Northern Pike
- Smallmouth Bass
- Lake Trout
- Fishing Trips
- Bird Hunting
- Bird Hunting Trips
- Hunting Trips
- Boat Launch for Guests
- Hiking Trails
- American Plan Lodge
- Lodging Type
- Cabin Rentals
- Family Friendly
- Accommodation Services and Amenities
- Wifi Available
- Docking Available
- Flush Toilets
- BBQ Facilities
- TV in Lodge
- Linens Supplied
- Food Options
- Full Kitchen
- In-Room Amenities
- Coffee Maker